- 250 ml light coconut milk
- 100 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 bundle of spinach (or Fern Tips)
- 1 fresh Turmeric leaf
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 5 or 10 red chillies (as you like it), seeded and sliced (I used 2 teaspoons chilli powder since I don't have red chillies)
- 1 cm fresh Galangal (Lengkuas/Laos)
- 1 cm fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 1 cm ginger, peeled and sliced
1. Prepare spice paste by grinding or blending all ingredients together.
2. Put spice paste in a saucepan with the coconut milk and bring to boil, stirring. Simmer for one minute then add the spinach, turmeric leaf and tamarind juice. Simmer, stirring frequently until the spinach is tender.
3. Season to taste with salt.
4. Good to serve with plain rice (nasi putih) and other side dish like fried Chicken or Fish.