* 2-3 medium lemons, unwaxed and thoroughly washed
* 2 tbs sugar
* water for cooking and cooling
* Use a potato peeler or lemon parer to remove the outer yellow part of the lemon rind. Place these yellow parings in a saucepan with about 100 ml water, or a bit more.
* Bring to a boil then gently simmer for about ten minutes. The water should become yellow and smell of lemon as the oils are released.
* Add sugar, and stir gently over the heat until it’s all dissolved. Turn off the heat and leave to cool slightly.
* Cut the lemons in half and squeeze out the juice. This is easiest with an electric juicer or suitable food processor attachment. Keep squeezing lemons until you have about a glass of juice. With reasonable sized lemons each one yields around 50 ml, with smaller ones you’ll need to squeeze more.
* Add all the juice (and gunk) to the pan, stir roughly, and leave to cool.
* Use a nylon sieve to strain the lemonade over a glass.
* Put straight in the fridge. To use, dilute as necessary with cold water and/or ice cubes (my version is ice cubes with chocolate inside).