This is another recipe I've gratefully received from a contributor.
1 cucumber(scored & sliced)
2 eggs (hard.boilled,shelled & sliced)
4 small potatoes(boilled, peeled, sliced & fried)
4 oz.(125 g.) tauge (tailed)
4 oz.(125 g.) cabbage (shredded)
2 oz.(60 g.) long beans (cut into 1-inch/ 2,5 cm. lengths)
2 cakes tahu kuning (cubed)
4 cakes tempe (sliced slantwise - to 1/2-inch/ 1.2-cm thickness)
4 oz. (125 g.) dried yellow noodles (cut into 11/2 -inch/ 4cm lengths)
20 pieces krupuk
20 pieces emping
8 oz. (250 g.) lettuce
boiling salted water
cooking oil for frying
2-5 red chillies
1-inch (2,5-cm) piece terasi (dry-fried)
4 oz. (125 g.) peanuts (fried & skinned)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 dessertspoon cooking oil
3-5 daun salam
salt to taste
juice of 10-12 limes
1. To prepare salad. Separately blanch tauge, cabbage and long beans in boiling water. Drain and reserve.
2. Heat oil on medium flame. Separately fry tahu, tempe, noodles, krupuk and emping. Drain well and reserve.
3. Shred half the lettuce and use to line salad plate. Arrange the remainder and all the reserved ingredients on this. Serve with the sauce.
4. To prepare sauce. Grind together the chillies and terasi. Pound together the peaunuts and sugar.
5. Heat oil and fry ground ingredients with daun salam. When fragrant, mix in pounded ingredients and salt. Cook for 1- 2 minutes and reduce heat.
6. Stir in boiling water to make a pouring consistency. Simmer till thickened. Add lime juice, adjust seasoning and dish up.
* Indochef Blog
* Contact Me
© Indochef.com. All rights reserved.
Read more: http://www.indochef.com/indo_28.shtml#ixzz0dEAUflOf