* 500 g prawns, shelled but keep the tail intact
* 1 tbs lime juice
* 1/2 onion, sliced
* 1 cm galangal, smashed
* 1 green onion/scallion, minced
* Vegetable oil for frying
Spice Paste Ingredients:
* 8 red chilies
* 1 tomato
* 6 shallots
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 tsp pepper powder
* 1/2 tsp belacan
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
* Drizzle prawns with lime juice thoroughly. Set aside for 30 minutes. Wash and dry up.
* Fry prawns in a wok until red. Remove.
* Grind spice paste ingredients into a fine paste. Stir fry in a wok. Add galangal and onion, continue stirring until fragrant.
* Add prawns, stir to combine until fully cooked.
* Turn out onto a plate, garnish with minced scallion. Serve.